[27 Jan 05] New Lockstep workshop at the e-government evolution conference, Canberra, March 27th. Discounts available.
"A Guide to Identity Management & Authentication for Strategists and Policy Makers"
Monday 27 March 2006
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Presented as part of the IQPC "eGovernment Evolution" conference.
A 15% discount is available to Lockstep clients and business associates attending this prestigious event. For details see http://www.governmentpractice.com.au/AU-3223-001.
This interactive and practical workshop aims to help strategists, policy makers and regulators make best use of authentication technologies in Australia's technology neutral governance environment. Hot topics addressed include Federated ID, net banking security, phishing, smartcards, and the new “Man in the Middle” attack. The workshop will provide everything you really need to know in this challenging field, with a focus on marrying real business needs with technology and processes.
- What do you really need to know about authentication?
- Understanding the needs: Access Control, Doc Management, & Anti Fraud
- Matching technologies to authentication needs: two factor authentication, digital certificates, smartcards and biometrics
- Authentication risk management: impersonation vs. counterfeiting
- Hot topics
- Identity fraud, with the latest in skimming, phishing, pharming, identity theft, website spoofing and the Man-In-The-Middle attack
- Two Factor Authentication: How it works, and when it does not
- Mutual Authentication: not the same as Two Factor!
- Federated Identity: what does it mean for business?
- PKI: a troubled technology making a comeback around the world
- The Gatekeeper reforms, including the Known Customer principle and Digital Credentials
- The Australian Government Authentication Framework (AGAF)
- Smartcards: international case studies across different sectors, and the implications for Australian government.